Get in Touch
If you are looking for a new catering provider or have any questions call or email us on:
0330 133 6075
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals.
Criteria for free school meals:
- Income support (IS)
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit – Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and do not receive an annual gross income greater than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you get any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
Infant free school meals in England
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they’re in a government-funded school and in:
- Reception class
- Year 1
- Year 2
How to apply for free school meals
If you think your child may be entitled to a free school meal or want to find out more about Free School Meals Eligibility, contact your school office or your Local Council Office.